Selling Your Home? Clean Your Windows!
Selling Your Home? What to do…paint? Update the kitchen or bathroom? First, clean your windows!
Finding the right agent is very important step. Ok, the actual first thing to do is to find the right Real Estate Agent.
We work closely with hundreds of wonderful agents and brokers and they each have different personalities, specialties and capabilities. The key is to find the right agent that you “click” with, and who instills confidence that they can – and will – sell your home fast and for top dollar!
One thing that every agent agrees on: Your need to prepare your home for sale.
Preparing Your Home For Sale
In most cases, your agent will offer suggestions to prepare, or “stage” your home to be more inviting for prospective buyers. It’s pretty simple: Buyers need to see themselves living in your home.
You need to make it as easy as possible for them to do so, given your home is filled with your furniture, personal belongings and style choices. Your agent may also suggest working with a professional home staging company to maximise your home’s value. We also work with dozens of professional staging companies and they really know what’s required to increase the “curb appeal” and value of your home.
Most staging companies offer a reasonably priced “initial assessment”. Ask your agent if they can recommend one.
Top three priorities for preparing you home: window cleaning, carpet cleaning, maid services.
Keep in mind: The moment a prospective buyer pulls up to your home, they’ll notice the windows first. First impressions matter; what does yours say?
Top 5 Reasons clean windows are important preparing your home for sale can be daunting. My advice: focus on issues that give the “most bang for your buck“. Clean your windows. Feng Shui And the experts agree.
Top 5 ways to help sell your home
1. “A bright, alive atmosphere is encouraged in Feng Shui and the home’s windows are an important aspect of this. Large, clean windows are important. They allow pure, bright light to flood the living areas in the home, bringing good energy… Clean windows and natural sunshine are important ingredients to a healthy, happy home.” –
2. “More than 75% of people who first view property on the internet will drive by BEFORE contacting an agent.” – CHRISTINE RAE, AUTHOR, HOMESTAGING FOR DUMMIES
3. ” Curb appeal sells 49% of all houses.” – NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS, MONEY MAGAZINE.
4. “A good first appearance of a home can add 5% to 10% to the value of the home.” – JOHN AUST, PRESIDENT, NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REAL ESTATE APPRAISERS.
5. According to 2000 real estate agents surveyed, the number one improvement that generates the best return on investment is window cleaning, and the ROI on window cleaning alone was determined to be 768% – MONEY MAGAZINE.
Clean windows make you smile we have spoken with hundreds of our customers and they’ve taught us an important lesson: Sparkling windows brighten your day.
Even if you are not selling your home, take a moment to clean your windows. Then, take a deep breath, have a look and you will then see that a clear view through clean windows will definitely make you smile!